Speed Puzzling #007 Remote Jigsaw Puzzle Competition--INDIVIDUAL--COMPETITORS
- Who: Jigsaw Puzzle Contests group members. To join, see https://www.facebook.com/groups/466415447356882/
- Why: See how you stack up against other speed puzzlers
- When: Saturday, July 25th via Zoom meetings
- Puzzle: a 300-piece undisclosed puzzle from Ravensburger
- Cost: $30 (including shipping) for the puzzle and contest registration
- Includes: $5 of each registration benefits the USA Jigsaw Puzzle Association
It’s as Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Pick your division: 11 a.m. CDT for teams, 1 p.m. CDT for individual—beginners, 3 p.m. for individual—competitors. Divisions may be combined if fewer than 10 register for a specific division. Each contest will run for a maximum of 90 minutes.
- Register: See the post for links to purchase the puzzle specified. Don’t open the shipping box until you are told to do so—on the date of the contest!
- Join the Zoom meeting on July 25th. There will be brief instructions given, and everyone will open their shipping box and remove their shrink wrap LIVE, on camera. Then we will start the timer, and everyone will puzzle simultaneously.
- After the contest is over, and all entries have been verified, we will post the rankings, names, and completion times of all participants. Bragging rights!!
- Prizes (puzzles/registration fees/gift cards) will go to the winners of each division.
The Fine Print
- New Puzzle: Each individual or team must show the judges their unopened shipping box on the day of the competition. Multiple teams from the same household must compete in the same division (time slot) with separate puzzles.
- Sorting Trays: These are allowed. So is looking at the picture on the box. Other tools (spatulas, cutting devices, magnifying glasses, cell phone cameras) are NOT.
- Friendly Competition: Let’s build this group & encourage each other’s progress!
- Have Fun: Let us know how we can improve your competition experience!