Speed Puzzling #010 Remote Jigsaw Puzzle Competition--INDIVIDUAL BEGINNERS
- Who: Jigsaw Puzzle Contests group members. To join, see https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpeedPuzzling/
- Why: See how you stack up against other speed puzzlers
- When: Saturday, October 17th via Zoom meetings
- Puzzle: undisclosed, high-quality, 500-piece Galison puzzle
- Cost: $30 (including shipping in the USA) for the puzzle & contest registration
It’s as Easy as 1, 2, 3
ONE: Pick your division (each division will hold 20 contestants):
- 11 am CDT for teams of 2 (60 minute maximum)
- 1 pm CDT for individual—beginners (90 minute maximum)
- 3 pm CDT for individual—competitors (90 minute maximum).
TWO: Register. See the post for links to register. Don’t open the shipping box until you are told to do so—on the date of the contest!
THREE: Join the Zoom meeting on October 17th. The judges will check each contestant’s camera setup and unopened shipping box. There will be brief instructions given, and everyone will open their shipping box and remove the shrink wrap LIVE, on camera. Then we will start the timer, and everyone will puzzle simultaneously.
- After the contest is over, and all entries have been verified, we will post the rankings, names, and completion times of all participants. Bragging rights!!
- Prizes (puzzles/registration fees/gift cards) will go to the winners of each division.
The Fine Print
- New Puzzle: Each individual or team must show the judges their unopened shipping box on the day of the competition. Multiple teams from the same household must compete in the same division (time slot) with separate puzzles.
- Sorting Trays: These are allowed. So is looking at the picture on the box. Other tools (spatulas, cutting devices, magnifying glasses, cell phone cameras) are NOT.
- Friendly Competition: Let’s build this group & encourage each other’s progress!
- Have Fun: Let us know how we can improve your competition experience!