The Ultimate Number Sense Resource:
Number Sense is the ability to recognize patterns in numbers and manipulate them to solve problems.
In Texas, Number Sense is a math competition requiring that every problem be worked mentally--without the benefit of calculators or scratch paper. 80 problems in 10 minutes? But that's only 7.5 seconds per problem!
Number Dojo is:
- A new iOS game--optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch
- A personal trainer--designed to prepare students for UIL and TMSCA Number Sense competition
- A great way to learn new mental math concepts--with step-by-step instructions and examples (Learn/Review)
- Designed to help you practice your skills (Drill) and track your progress (Stats)
- Free for download in the App Store
- Great for beginners or experienced competitors, and their coaches
- Number Sensei: My daily blog, containing free lessons for the most common concepts from this year's tests
- Mathing Bee: An oral version of the Number Sense contest
- Worksheets: My up-to-date, custom practice problems corresponding with the most common concepts
- Meets: List of High School & Middle School competitions with the Number Sense contest
- Store: Curriculum, Flash Cards, Worksheet bundles, T-shirts, and more